Reduce NPU Application Development Time Using the PPL Workbench
To complement the PPL Compiler, IP Fabrics offers a state-of-the-art debug and simulation environment. The PPL Workbench is fully integrated with the PPL Compiler in an Eclipse-based user interface. The PPL Workbench enables PPL writers to compile, debug, and execute PPL programs on Windows PC – there’s no need to wait for the NPU hardware to become available.
The PPL Workbench includes advanced features such as:
- Graphical breakpoints and single step on PPL rule, expression, and/or action
- Watch/Display packet fields, PPL built-in values, and user data structures
- Debug and simulation of all PPL Event types, including Startup and Exception
- Input/Output packet streams from file or network interface
- Input and output packet logs
- Exception notification
Using the PPL Workbench can greatly increase productivity and reduce the overall development cycle time and expense by:
- Allowing NPU applications to be created, debugged and simulated before prototype hardware is available
- Helping engineers detect and fix programming errors much sooner in the development process
- Reducing the number of hardware prototypes required
The PPL Workbench supports all NPU models and runs on standard Windows PCs.
Learn more about IP Fabrics products and technology by visiting the Resource Center or Contact Us to have an IP Fabrics sales representative provide you further information.